I know, I am late. Every self-respecting blogger posted their ‘Welcome 2018 post’ at 00:01 1st January 2018.
I did welcome 2018 by being angry at some kids who were lighting up barutis and screaming “EEEEH! EEEEEH!” and laughing right outside my window. I wanted to cross the year in a calming way. You know the normal way of having the President flag the year off and you are there staring at your watch as it reads 11:56pm. This is not your fault. You set your clock to pick network time so this is the presidents fault I feel.
So now that we are here, I am going to request we leave some things in 2017 because all bad things deserved to be left to rot and stink up the hell hole that was 2017.
- Lace frontal wigs that have longer baby hairs than my index finger. Have these people ever seen babies or anyone with baby hairs? That is madness.
- These long nails that are shaped like talons. If you are going to spend money to come out looking like a basic hawk in the Mara, it’s not worth it.
- All these flat tummy teas. We know they do not work, unless you are constipated, then go for it.
- Trump and twitter. This is a coupling that should be consciously uncoupled. He’s gonna get us killed someday and I am not here for this.
- The whole StarBreaking news twitter handle. Please. Please.
- Ezekiel Mutua. I know the general consensus is with him but uhm could he stop voicing his opinions. He’s validating some very ignorant people in the name of the Bible said this and that. The Bible says several things but everyone wants to linger on two or three verses and condemn a whole group of people.
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
- This is just me but I am leaving the whole natural hair craze in 2017. No, I am still keeping my natural hair. What I will not be doing though is the whole shea butter, olive oil, bantu knots things. My hair has not been doing well so I am trying something different. I will blow-dry my hair and apply Venus Hairfood and see what happens because last time I did that, my hair grew 38 centimetres in 4 years.
- Ignorance. What I have found helps with this is basic research. Someone tweets that the earth is flat, you like and are this is a tweleb so you think he must be right. You are holding your phone that has access to internet. Visit the internets and read something. Do better for yourself.
- Feminazis. I love feminists because they tend to want the best for everyone. Feminazis on the other hand are toxic females that think that men should never utter a word or glance at a woman’s direction. There is activism and then there is stupidity and most people can’t tell the difference.
- Meekness/shyness. I am a person that can be trampled on by people if I let them. Sad thing is that I let them very often. This is the year I’ll try voice my opinion, fight for myself, let myself be heard because I too have something to contribute. This I think is the only goal I have for myself this year.
Those are the only ones I can think of at the moment. If you have any more you can add in the comments. Let’s talk.
I deliberately chose not to have a resolution post this year because I have no resolutions for this year. I want to ride the wave and see where it takes me. Having goals feels me with so much anxiety because I feel like I will eventually let someone down and I am not about that life.